Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fly like a cheesehead...

I am a Packers fan, btw.  I have not had any posts considering their Super Bowl victory, so I thought it would be cool to share some cool stuff I have read about the Packers since they won the Super Bowl.

Fly like a cheesehead...

A group of students at the University of Wisconsin came up with a parody to the song, "Like a G6."  Instead of going like, "...like a G6," the song goes, "...like a cheesehead."  Being a Packer fan, I remember the Packarena from the 1990's.  It is interesting to note that without the internet or sites like YouTube, things like this would not be possible.  As we all know, the internet creates a venue and mass marketing opportunity for anybody out there. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pFD-xdPRE

Owning the Packers

The Green Bay Packers are a team that is owned by the public.  The article explains, I think in a great way, the tangible and intangible benefits of owning a business:

Sometimes, though, the sentiment may be what you're most interested in. Witness all the online services that will sell you a single framed stock certificate of the company of your choice. You'll probably never get rich off that sole share, but at least you can proudly say you own a small piece of your favorite company.

Btw - I would love to own a piece of the Packers!

The Packers and Pride of Ownership (click here)

A Packer Fan on Wall St.

Aaron Nagler works at Blackstone and runs cheeseheadtv.com, which is the largest Packer fan website.  Because of working at Blackstone, Mr. Nagler lives in NY.  Besides not having the money to go to the game, I really liked the reason of why he stayed in New York to watch the Packers win the Super Bowl:

To put it as simply as possible — I want to watch the Packers win the Super Bowl with my family...call me foolish, tell me I’m angering the football Gods — I don’t care. I like our chances. The Packers are ready to start winning championships. Plural. And I want to watch the first one with my girls.”

Checking in with Wall Street's Cheesehead (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment